EveBloggers.com is all about displaying the stream of blog posts, videos, and other content that’s out there on the internet, all related to Eve Online. The way it works is like this:
- I add an Eve blog’s RSS feed to Google Reader, under a single tag (which I call ‘Eve Player Blogs’)
- This tag has a ‘public page’, which has its own RSS feed
- I add the RSS feed to this blog as an RSS Widget, with the heading of Eve Player Blogs
- This widget displays the 13 most recent posts of all those blogs added to that category in Google Reader
- Those blogs which are part of the Eve Blog Pack receive exactly the same treatment, even though they’re in both widgets (eg. they’re both an Eve Player Blog, as well as a member of the Eve Blog Pack)
The display of posts forms a ’stream’ of blog posts, as it updates every hour. If 168 posts have been published through the stream since you last looked, you will only see the most recent 13 posts…
You can never see the entire stream at any time, you can only see a small part of it, and only what is visible when you’re looking.
If you want to keep up to date with the entire stream, you can access the the public pages (and their resulting RSS feeds here:
Add their RSS feeds to your favourite RSS reader, and you’ll be able to keep updated on all the blog posts from Eve Online players, without having to miss any.
When I get a new blog to be added to the feed, I add it to the Eve Player Blogs feed, so that it automatically gets updated every time a new post is made. But if you have a look for your post in the 13-post display, you might miss it if there were more than 13 posts since you published the feed and the time you looked.
Do you have any feedback? Please feel free to leave a comment.